Thursday, July 7, 2011

BREAKING NEWS!


What you can hardly see in this photo (camera phones do not a good picture take) is a robin's nest in the tree outside of J's bedroom window. I noticed it when G and Lu were playing. A mama robin was feeding at least two baby birds (you could only see the tippy tip of their tiny heads) and by the time I got back with my phone, she was gone. I will keep an eye out and try to get a better picture, but at the very least, it is something to look forward to when you get home!

Start thinking of some names!

2 comments:

  1. As soon as we heard about the birds We immediately started thinking of names. We decided to continue the vegtable names. The two babies' names are Carrot and Pepper and the mom's name is Cucumber. Wasn't BREAKING NEWS the name of the Green Bean post? Like Kirby said in the t-shirt post there were once a family of morning doves in that same spot in the tree. Purrcy discovered them, and one day we saw him up in the tree peeking in their nest. The doves flew away the next day. Then the day after that Kirby found the nest on the ground. It was like P warned them that their nest was about to fall! I hope the robins nest doesent fall, P discover and eat them, or have P bring them onto the porch ALIVE like he did with Mushroom or Green Bean. I really hope they are still there when we get home tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new names and I will keep an eye out today for any more babies...okra? lettuce?

    I guess I get so excited when I see birds out back that I post about it immediately, making it "Breaking" News. I suppose I could call it "Beaking" News.

    I hope the birds are still there tomorrow too!

    ReplyDelete