Friday, July 1, 2011

Look At How Far We've Come



Lulu and I have officially entered our final week here and I thought I would give you a video update and show you how far Lu and Groundy have come in their tolerance...dare I say "friendship"...with each other.

Groundy has been consistently sweet and patient and never tried to force her way into J's room. Lulu has been more hesitant and used to growl at the closed door while her dandruff flared.

Then they touched noses.

And now they seem like they could hang out. G clearly wants to get to know Lu better, unfortunately when she has company all she ever wants to do is eat (she's a "social" eater).

P has ignored her presence entirely and that's probably for the best. Though, I am a sure that when I move her home next Friday both G and P will have a lot of sniffing to do!

--------

On a more practical note, both G and P got their various flea and heart worm medicines again today, which means that every time P comes inside I have to harass him with some kind of medicine. He is still being totally sweet, but my guilt is rising.

Yesterday was my last evening of watering Jeff and Aline's plants and while they are BEAUTIFUL, I will not miss the mosquitoes one bit.

I am sure that I will have some stories about Marye and Lucinda Williams very soon. Marye (Pee Pee?) did have her first accident, but it was right next to the litter box, so I'm not sure it counts.

Love
A

PS. The Roald Dahl museum looks like the coolest place on the planet!

3 comments:

  1. We all LOVE this video. Good girls! We are proud of Lu and reaffirm yet again that G is the greatest dog in the world. We all wondered what happened when the video had cut off as G passed into the Inner Sanctum.

    I, too, have lived with the Fisher Garden mosquitoes. I hate them. You can imagine that the Furrows with three little girls, one of whom swells into marble-size bites, hate them even more.

    Anything you have to clean up counts as an accident...

    ReplyDelete
  2. After I turned off the camera, Lulu went right to her food dish and Groundy said, "well, don't mind if I do," and also went to the food dish. Shortly thereafter, I ushered G out of the room.

    Mine get marble sized as well and my legs look very much diseased at the moment. Katie saw me watering and mentioned that the girls can never go outside in the summer because of the mosquitoes and now I just feel guilty for feeding them and likely creating whole new batches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too late, I can tell you that there is spray repellant in the playroom closet on the window shelf to the right or in the yellor bin of sunscreens OR on the shelf about kids' coats at the back door. Sorry! Katie's kids are indeed out all summer, bites and all, but it is one of her pet peeves with Ali and Jeff, who of course otherwise are the world's best neighbors in my opinion. No guilt.

    Funny vision of G and L together at the dish!

    ReplyDelete