Sunday, July 3, 2011

Pet Quiz


How does Groundy react to firework displays?

A: "Oooooooooh aaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh" (like the people in the video)
B. She ignores them and goes to sleep
C. Sheer panic with her tail way down and worried/alert eyes





*If you answered "C" you are CORRECT!
(I would include a picture, but it is too sad)

I completely forgot how much this terrifies her. Unfortunately, the Fourth of July falls on a Monday this year and so she has a long weekend with fireworks every single night in her immediate future. Poor girl!

If I see any really cool displays, I will try get some video for people (like me) who like them. In the meantime I will give G some extra love to make up for the scary firework sounds.

By the way, answer "B" seems to apply to Purrcy, that brave little guy. Lu tends to react like G and plants herself under J's bed. Leroy thinks they are super cool. I get the sense that he likes loud noises very much.

Love
A

1 comment:

  1. You may yet see the full response, which means hiding in the bathtub downstairs behind the curtain and shaking all over for an hour. It's heart breaking.

    If you love fireworks and don't have plans, fyi, you can see most of Fred's display from Trench Hill up the street-- several hundred people, including all of our neighbors you are best friends with, will be there. Don't take G. of course, because she will be afraid she will bolt. But it's a nice, friendly place to see some fireworks with no crowd and drunk drivers.

    ReplyDelete