Monday, May 30, 2011

Day 4


Happy (?) Memorial Day! Today we are well into the 90's but it will feel like 102....phew.

Well, as I predicted G was extremely excited to meet the various members of my family...in fact, excited might be the understatement of the year. She was particularly taken with my dad who, of course, doesn't like animals. He's not mean to them or anything, but prefers that they ignore him just as he ignores them. So, naturally, G went straight to him and put her sweet head on his lap and looked up at him with her big eyes whilst wagging her tail. She mostly ignored everyone else and showered him with affection. I can't say that he warmed to her, but he did pat her head a few times.

Speaking of affection, Purrcy LOVES me. I mean, I knew he was fond of me, but lately he's been spending more and more time inside and instead of napping on his perch, he snuggles on or next to my lap. I would be worried, but he is still eating a ton and going out from time to time. This also has the advantage of saving birds lives...if he's inside with me, he can't go hunting.

Lulu is still enjoying the comfort and privacy of J's room. She really loves all of the sunlight and has recently become a big fan of the bean bag chair! She's fully forgiven me for our time in the basement.

Finally, I had forgotten how much G snores! Leroy and I had a good laugh about it.

Time to get ready for our doggy date with Tucker...more soon...

Love
A

ps. If you hold a treat out for P you can get a great shot of his face. (okay, it's a little blurry, but it's hard to get a picture of him when he's not sleeping)

1 comment:

  1. WE LOVE THE BLOG! Writing from Loch Ness. Just came up from the pub where two dogs were on the floor, one on a bar stool, and one sitting at the poker table on a seat. K and J saw a MUCH bigger animal in Loch Ness this afternoon from a lookout in the ruins of an ancient castle!! Of course we had long sleeves, two jackets apiece, and were still freezing. Have to do laundry tomorrow because we're out of long pants. Hope you can survive the heat-- don't forget that the pool opened this weekend. Purrcy is not a lap sitter so I hope you feel special. We're anxious to hear about the visit with Tucker. Seeing all the dogs has made us all very lonely for Groundy and Puss-puss. We all laughed out loud imagining Lu in the beanbag.

    ReplyDelete