Monday, June 16, 2014

Sleeping and Supper


An average day here. Tragically, it's gotten quite hot again, so we're all moving slow. B has been sticking very close to home and spending a lot of the day inside. P, on the other hand, has been going out in the morning and staying out ALL day. This, of course, makes me anxious each evening until he comes sauntering home for supper.

Speaking of supper, here's something familiar and pretty adorable:


If it wouldn't end disastrously (read: disgusting) I would put Groundy and Lu in some kind of eating contest for pets. I have never met two animals who get so extremely excited about meal time--without fail.

Nights here have been pretty funny so far. His majesty always gets the spot by my feet where he makes sweet sleeping noises. Mr. B pulls a Shmu and tries to walk on top of me as gingerly as possible, but that's basically IMpossible with pokey little cat feet. Last night, B ended up stretched out right beside me, which was cute, if a little warm. Ghog is the funniest. She is just so hopeful and so starting around 3am, every time I move she gets up and does some kind of tapping/wiggle dance until she realizes it is not first morning and then she settles back with a BIG sigh. Lots of drama, and I have to say, as early as first morning occurs, I am met with such euphoria from all three pets that it's kind of worth it. Also, second morning.

Hope you guys are sleeping well and with the windows open! Also, if you come up with some kind rules/guidelines for a eating contest for pets, I will give it serious consideration.

*OH! I almost forgot! Exciting news: we met G's puppy twin this morning! His name is Jack and he looks EXACTLY how G must have looked as a puppy. I didn't have my camera but will try to get a picture of him. G noticed him from half a block away and wouldn't move until she got a proper greeting. 


2 comments:

  1. J is desperate for a picture of Jack. I misread last night and thought BB was acting like SHAMU, so that gave me a night of funny thoughts!

    Video posted without sound, though obviously we can imagine it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will work really hard to get a pic of Jack--his owner seemed nice, so it'll just be a matter of finding him again.

    I am not sure what happened to the sound on the video, but yes, you can definitely imagine it.

    ReplyDelete