Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Two Birds, Two Grandparents and a Flying Creature

Hi Friends,

We're back from our short hiatus.

Here's a rundown of all the happenings since the last update:

Still no more Jack sightings, which is disappointing and also makes me feel like maybe I made him up. An imaginary puppy? Like Snuffleupagus? I don't THINK I did, but one can never be sure.

His Royal Highness has really gotten into the hunting spirit and brought me not one, but two birds yesterday. There were feathers. There was pride. And now, whenever I let him out, the birds around your house go totally crazy and start screaming and flapping.


I picked up your grandparents from the airport last night. G hasn't gotten to see them yet, but I imagine there will be A LOT of jumping and leaping and barking. You know, general Groundy merriment.

Before I left last night, I got this face smooshed up against my knee:


When I got back it was dark and I'd left the porch light on for myself. All the pets were in and some kind of small winged creature flew through the door with me. P was untroubled and mostly wanted his yuks, but B completely. Lost. His. Mind. He went careening through the house to catch the bug. I have never seen a cat move so fast. At one point he jumped onto the comfy couch--or rather a throw pillow on the couch--with such gusto and with his claws out, so that he actually ended up lifting the pillow backwards and doing a kind of awkward back flip off the edge. I am not sure if he actually ever caught it because I was tired and went up to bed, but this morning there were remotes and pillows all over the floor.

    
I will try and take G with me to work on Friday.

Otherwise, not much is going on here. Our lovely cool-ish weather has returned to the humid hotness of a usual Virginia summer. Poor G is a total itchy-pants mess, and if it turns out that I did imagine Jack, I could probably fashion some kind of representation with all of the fur she's shed. But I probably won't. Because that would be gross.

2 comments:

  1. Oh bosey. hes so funny. in the pic of puss-puss in the wanted poster the expression on P's face is purrfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had seen that backflip. PussPuss does love you so. Can totally imagine the little shufflings and snufflings that went along with that knee-face.

    ReplyDelete