No post yesterday because it was mostly a lazy day of recovering from Saturday's horror. But oh yes, there was napping.
![]() |
| World's most comfortable couch for the win |
I have been giving her so much attention that yesterday when B came over for some cuddles, Groundy immediately and insistently inserted herself between us.
We DID attempt a Carl's run. I think this could work in the future but the line was LONG. It was so long and we wanted ice cream so much that one of us, and I am not naming any names or pointing any fingers, couldn't control herself. There was drooling and a bit of yelling and some invasion of the personal space of our fellow patrons. Again, I'm not saying who...I will say that I made the executive decision to go home and made G a homemade doggy sundae complete with dog treat toppings.
And look:
Okay, admittedly, G and I don't take a great selfie, but it's nice extra proof that all is well and she is quite a happy lady. It also seems worth mentioning that if you crouch down next to her, she will immediately lie on her back for belly rubs and act very confused when you instead put a camera in her face. Also, she will probably lick your chin if you aren't looking.
In kitty news: P wins the award for best sleeper. He is so still and barely stirs all night long BUT he loses some points because he is also the one who tries to make first morning happen earlier and earlier. This morning he was angling for 4:30. He was quite mistaken.
The boys have a very cute new tradition wherein they hang out together like this while G and I take care of various second morning chores.
It's almost like a meeting, except B is facing the wrong way and P is on the conference table. But besides that, I am sure they are discussing very important matters.
My girls have not pulled down any more blinds and still seem okay with my absence. Mostly they are just fascinated by my shoes whenever I go feed them.
We hope you have a cool and lovely afternoon!




Love love love those boys on their porch. Did you give Ghog a special bath for her itchy pants? We could see big hunks of hair on the carpet in one of the other photos of Mr. Baggins.
ReplyDeleteYou are 100% right about P's sleeping habits. If he can get on the night table on my side of the bed, he will sometimes be content longer. But he also likes to do what J and I call "purrpurr circles" where he walks the perimeter of the bed over and over purring very loudly.
Hope you also got a sundae or shake at home when someone misbehaved at Carl's. (Recall that the same someone once jumped onto an electric cart of a disabled women to take the ice cream from her hand.)
p.s. the veterans seem to be thriving! Are the cousins in the wicker planter coming along?
ReplyDeleteI haven't yet given G her bath because Crazy Terrible Neighbor came home and ruined my driveway plans. My plan was tonight if it doesn't storm--Marie is gone for the month, so I have full driveway access.
ReplyDeleteSorry bout the hunks of hair in that pic, I ended up running your vacuum but I remember thinking I should have cropped that. She is doing much better on both the itching and shedding front, so some of that might have been stress related.
We both had treats when we got home. Though I can't say I deserved it, what with all my drooling on people's shoes...
All plants doing great! The cousins seem a little sparse but only because the Vets are so established. The front garden looks very nice and the hydrangea is lush but not flowering.
Hate that woman. But hurray for double driveway access. You might be right about the stress itchies, or perhaps just adjustment to the heat. I am worried that the awnings might affect the hydrangeas, but the awning guy didn't think so, and they often really languished in the sun, so we will see. Don't forget you can throw your coffee grounds on them!
ReplyDeleteI did forget that, but I will start!
ReplyDeleteYour mom thinks they are doing just fine and that some years they flower more than others. The leaves are huge and healthy looking.