Today was an utterly uneventful day, but the yard was beautiful.
The lawn care people came and mowed the grass and I took these photos of the front yard and garden.
Sorry about the quality. The camera on my phone doesn't take the greatest photos and it is evening time so the sun is a little wonky. If you click on them, you can see them a little clearer and larger.
Everyone here is great! Claudia gave me a whole bunch of poetry to read and I've been reading some aloud to Groundy who sometimes perks her ears up like she's listening.
I saw your pictures of the Beatrix Potter museum (?) and it looked like a lot of fun and totally cute!
Also, I didn't know that raccoons are K's favorite animal! Not only did I see them in the tree, but that same morning G and I saw one on our walk. It was peeking its head out from a sewer and looking right at us! How bizarre is that? Clearly K's spirit animal is keeping his eye on us :)
Love,
A
I swear to God I have NEVER seen a raccoon in my neighborhood or on a walk. You must be walking at 3 a.m. Trying to catch the ghost in the act? The garden looks great! I can't believe it's alive in that heat-- we see heat advisories there for today and tomorrow. (Pool?) K, J, and I have been doing some walkabouts in Bath to get our bearings, and we've found some gorgeous lush gardens-- roses, bowers covered in vines with benches underneath. Of course, it's 55 degrees and raining here.
ReplyDeleteThe heat actually hasn't been too bad. It HAS been really humid which has got to be helping the plants. We are going to hunker inside today because as you said, it's supposed to be wicked hot.
ReplyDeleteI think the weather you are describing is perfection and certainly the scenery sounds beautiful! Good thing you have K with you, I think I remember you saying that he was really good with directions(?).
I love looking at all of the pics that C posts on facebook. Is chocolate butter what I think it is? It sounds so so so good.
Also, I hope to NEVER catch the ghost in any act.