Friday, June 3, 2011

The Morning of Many Visitors


This morning was downright chilly, but you won't hear us complaining!

We woke up bright and early (so early that it wasn't even that bright yet). Aline and Jeff were out front when G and I went out for our first walk and we got to see 2 raccoons in a neighbors' tree. It was pretty weird and funny. Both raccoons froze, as though if they were still enough we wouldn't be able to see them. I wish I had been able to take a picture, but the camera on my phone doesn't take great shots from far away and it was inside. If it happens again I will try to be better prepared.

When we got back, P was on the back porch with a new kind of present. Let's just say it was smaller than a raccoon and he only brought half of it....ew. Luckily I'm not squeamish about that stuff and P seemed so proud of himself.

Looking back, that's a lot of wild animal adventures for one morning!

Your grandma is coming this morning to work in the garden and Tammy is coming today as well, so G should get lots of extra treats and attention. As I wrote in a comment response, she gets so excited whenever we see kids downtown and I can tell she misses K and J and all of the energy they bring to the house. I think I will try to introduce her to Lu again later this afternoon to distract her.

I keep forgetting to mention that I finally got to see G's reaction to doorbell sounds. Last night I was watching some dumb show where they rang the doorbell many times in succession and G ran straight for the front door and went nuts, running around and barking--pretty funny stuff!

Love,
A

Ps. I really like this picture of G. She looks suspicious and a little like she's thinking, "please stop taking pictures of me."

Pps. After both Grandma and Tammy time G is totally blissed out!

1 comment:

  1. Did you know raccoons are K's favorite animal? And we read this the morning of his birthday before the birthday post. We all laughed out loud imagining Groundy and the doorbell.

    ReplyDelete