Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Good Morning!


Hi Again,

I am glad you liked the video! There will definitely be more to come...and I will try to catch the magic that is Lu and Groundy.

You expressed interest in our mornings, so I will share with you the crazy "routine" we've developed (with the promise that I will try to change this behavior before you all come home).

First, we do not get up at 3am...early? Yes. But not 3am. (And doesn't that make the raccoon thing even stranger?)

At around 5:15 I hear Lu start crying. I go into J's room where she is pacing melodramatically around the room. Does she want hugs? No. Is she ailing? No. Is her food dish empty? No. No no no, my neurotic little beast is nervous because her food dish is getting low. She has a tendency to panic when she can see the bottom of the dish...as though I've ever forgotten to feed her. My girl loves to eat.

At this point, Groundhog figures that it's time to embrace the day...as long as we're all awake and sunny. So, we go downstairs and let Purrcy in. I put on G's leash and then I let P out again. G and I go on our walk (where we might see some raccoons).

After we get back I feed G and let Purrcy back in. G finishes her breakfast and looks at me expectantly...for what? I'm still not sure. I let P back out again.

Then comes my favorite part of the morning where I sit down on the couch and take a nap...and then I let P in again and he stays in this time and all of us: P, G and L take a good nap! I call the time after the nap, "second morning."

I have to say, it was an adjustment at first, but now I kind of enjoy it. I get a lot accomplished, take a good nap and STILL have lots of day left.

Love,
A

3 comments:

  1. kirby loves all those crazy raccoons but i am afraid p wil tangle with them. i want a second morning. gald to hear p is up to his usual in out tricks. today june 10th is GROUNDHOGS BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K posted for me today! Happy Birthday to G, happy birthday to G, happy birthday, dear Groundhog, happy birthday to you! Today is the anniversary of G's adoption. Probably too hot to get a celebratory sundae, but there might be a little vanilla in the freezer for a taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww I am so glad I get to celebrate all of these birthdays. The improvised sundae is a really good idea. Expect a birthday post later tonight or early tomorrow :)

    We'll try to keep P away from any gangs of raccoons.

    ReplyDelete