Clearly, he's been doing battle in the neighborhood. It's hard to tell who he's been battling. It looks like probably it was another cat, but there was also a stray feather stuck to his tail.
All he'll say about the matter is: "You should see the other guy!"
Who knew this sweet little guy could be so tough?
Actually, I have noticed that when he and Groundy play, she always backs down first. Again, sweetest. dog. ever.
*In other-entirely unrelated and less important, but I wanted to tell you before I forgot again-news, I forgot to mention that last weekend I went with C to see a show called "The Flying Circus" on route 17. It was a funny and strange flight demonstration of old airplanes, including skydivers and wing-walkers. I think you guys would really like it and should check it out. They do a show every Sunday at 2 until October. I want to go back to take a ride in one of the planes; it started storming at the end of the show and they closed down the rides.
Although he is sweeter than sweet, Purrcy can be pretty darn scrappy when he's on the streets, and we have a few bully cats in the neighborhood that he does tangle with. Sometimes G will go wild wanting to go out when she hears then fighting, and will break up the fight, chase the bad cat away, and escort P to the porch or inside. It's great, but you have to watch her because she sometimes takes off across the street without looking both ways for cars in the heat of the chase. As long as P shows no signs of infection, no worries. FYI, my closet has frequently been his hiding place when he is sick so if he retreats in there, he'll need to go to the vet. (Don't worry, he also goes right into his cat carrier without fighting!)
ReplyDeleteI have to say that if I had to guess a place you and C would go together, a plane show is about the last one I would ever come up with! But thanks for the info-- I've heard of this and always forget it, but K and J would really like it. I would rather eat my own arm than go up in one of the planes, and if I had to see you go up, I would vomit right in the grass with worry.
In other unconnected news, K and J have sort of attached strongly to the idea of an HP movie marathon someday in that week of our return, and are hoping you really will join us for it...?
As much as I'd love to see Groundy run to the rescue, I really hope I don't hear any cat fights while I'm here.
ReplyDeleteWell, I don't want you to vomit, but I definitely want to go back and take a ride. C didn't seem to excited about going up either. I'd volunteer to go up with K or J...but you probably wouldn't like that. In fact, I'm picturing you getting pale just reading this sentence, so never mind. We will all stay on the ground :)
I am ABSOLUTELY on board for the HP movie marathon. I have nothing but free afternoons that week, until Friday when I leave for NY. Tell K and J to get the popcorn ready!