Groundy FINALLY got her (much needed) bath!
The near constant rain, coupled with Claudia's travel schedule, mixed with my weird hesitancy to ask your other neighbors for help made poor Groundy's hygiene questionable.
A few days ago I decided to just give it a go and G could not have behaved better!
She stood still in the driveway and let me wash her without trying to struggle away, chase the water or lay down on her back (like she does when I brush her). She even moved a nice distance away to shake off the water when I was finished.
Here's a picture of her on the porch drying off just a little more before she came back inside.
I wanted to get some more pictures mid-bath, but I could tell that, that would result in a phone tragedy, what with my wet hands and all.
Now she looks and smells great!
P sat under the Scan Van for the duration of the bath and eyed us suspiciously and just a little bit smugly.
If there were a prize for the best dog in the world, Groundy would definitely get my vote.
Three cheers for the bath from Bath! G-hog the Stinkypants gets all of our votes also for best dog, even though her behavior for you continues to far outshine her behavior for us. I hope she at least did her favorite trick of rolling around in the grass right after the bath and that she remembered to take you to the fridge for some cheese afterward. P the Supervisor is a funny picture to imagine.
ReplyDeleteJune 24 is the birthday of Kirby's large, soft stuffed raccoon named Big Guy, who is probably on K's bed, so you and Leroy and the pets can give him a special hug on Friday! (Kirby is nervous that Leroy has not responded about the band award, but I assured him that you told me Leroy would in time.) And I think your double-duty with the Emerson-Ippolito crazy-cats is beginning, so you can keep us posted on their mischief if you want to. Let's hope they don't poo on the mail like they did when I watched them once...
Tell K to rest assured that a statement from Leroy is on its way!
ReplyDeleteI will see C this weekend and know for sure, but I think I will be watching their cats next week! I will also be helping Jeff and Aline water their plants...just call me the mayor of Marye Street.
Dear Mayor, I am sorry for whatever I have gotten you into, but clearly you will need to move to Marye Street forever.
ReplyDeleteClearly. I could just rotate around the neighborhood with Lulu in tow.
ReplyDelete