Hi!
I am so excited to get to celebrate this special day with Groundy!
So, even though it is still crazy hot outside (feels like 104 degrees) we had an afternoon packed with birthday adventures.
I tried to take some videos so that you can see us on the go. (I apologize for the shaky camera work.) You can see the videos as their own posts if you scroll up.They are in reverse chronological order starting at the top (still working out some kinks). For some reason I wasn't able to simply add them all to this post or even combine them as I would have liked. I might need to run into Jim Groom again.
First off, I am so glad you told me that today was her birthday (adoption birthday, anyhow).
Tammy came this morning and G was wiggling and whining as soon as we saw her blue van pull up. She got her treats, though I doubt she tasted them, she gobbled them so quickly.
Then, I decided that we needed to get out of the house, but a walk outside was out of the question. I loaded Miss G and myself into the car and we went to Petsmart. I don't have the words to describe her excitement at Petsmart, but I think it would sound something like this: ABBACASTICBLASTICKBLUBBLUBBLUB!
Once we got the boring shopping out of the way (litter and diet food for Lu, and a new blue collar for P) we went to the toy aisle and G got to pick out a birthday present (see photo above).
Everyone we passed said she looked like the happiest dog in the world and she was ecstatic on both car rides.
We got home and played with her new toy...she loves it.
Finally, to round out the birthday extravaganza, I made her my version of a Bruster's puppy sundae (thanks to your brilliant suggestion)! Just a scoop of vanilla with a Milkbone on the side.
The cats were about as enthusiastic as cats ever are, which is to say, not very.
Leroy wants to know if they (meaning K and Leroy) can try to play the birthday song for G when Kirby comes home with his mouth?
Love,
A
G looks so damn happy with that toy. K and Leroy do a mean Happy Birthday improv, actually, so that can indeed take place on our return.
ReplyDeleteExcellent!
ReplyDeleteGroundy, I have found, has a very expressive face and I don't think I know another dog who smiles quite so often.