Monday, June 13, 2011

Rain, Rain, Don't Go Away...


Hi!

It looks like you all had a really good weekend!

We had a sleepy little weekend here. As I've mentioned (probably too many times) last week was really hot and it kind of seeped into the weekend. Every evening it looked like it was going to storm, the weather reports called for storms, you could even see lightening in the clouds, but not a drop of rain fell. It kept P inside a lot more and made G's walks substantially shorter.

BUT THEN

Last night we got rain! Lots of steady and cold rain for about 40 minutes. The sun even stayed out during this freaky little storm, though I couldn't find a rainbow. This morning was nice and cool and the plants look robust. P is crying to go back out even as I type this (his 5th trip in and out just this morning!)

I think that G and I will have some downtown adventures to make up for the lazy last few days. Also, G's going to get a bath VERY soon. She is getting stinky.

Lu is doing fine. She wasn't affected by the heat or the storm thanks to the safety of J's room.

Leroy feels similarly unaffected.

No new presents from P, though the other evening he was very loving. He was doing that thing cats do where they just want to rub their faces all over your ankles, even while you're walking! It was very sweet.

Thanks for sending us some rain and nice cool air!

Love,
A

4 comments:

  1. Don't hate us, but we're getting into the 60s this week finally and are very happy. Your title is less appealing to those of us who climbed the 200 steps of Tintagel Castle when they were a mudslide and stood for an hour in 50 degree rain while K and J insisted on wading in the Irish Sea. But for you and the garden, we're happy!! I hope you and G are happily taking to the streets again. When P does that rubbing, we say that what he is saying is "you are mine, you are mine."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is what it seems like he's saying!

    Enjoy your warmer (and hopefully dry) weather.

    I give you all credit every time it gets cooler here, so keep sending it our way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could we see some pictures of Lu in Julia's room? Or a video of P meowing?

    Hope you are all enjoying the better weather and that it sticks around through the weekend. We are off to a cricket match tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will do!

    Enjoy the cricket match :)

    ReplyDelete