I wanted to be sure to show you some neat plant life in your neighborhood. Just in case it's gone before you get home...
1. Name this plant! Okay, so you guys have this "thing" growing next to the hydrangeas...I am not sure what it is, but I have a sneaking suspicion that it is a weed. I have been watering it along with the other plants and thus it is hearty and flourishing. I am keeping this weed healthy-you're welcome!
2. Jeff and Aline have tons of great plants, but this sunflower is out of control! It is as tall as the roof and the stalk is as thick as an arm. People have been stopping by to take pictures of it all week long. I hope it doesn't break or blow over.
3. Check out these toadstools in your next door neighbor's front yard! I wish I had something next to them to show the scale, but trust me, they are huge! Earlier I was watering your garden and Purrcy was walking through them and he looked like he was walking through a gnome village.
Love,
A
Ummm... I think that thing you're watering by the hydrangeas MAY be the forsythia Chris tried to cut out before we left. My dad did mention that they were not easy to do in. But you can stop watering it, at least.
ReplyDeleteThat sunflower is extraordinary! I hope it's still there when we get back. I can hardly imagine the size of those mushrooms (Plath?!). Looks like a perfect hangout for fairies.
I was thinking the same thing about the fairies! Unfortuantely, your neighbors came back from their trip and promptly removed the fairy/gnome village.
ReplyDelete